The sun rose over the Mekong river, it was time for church. So many of the men turned out for worship today. I taught from 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10 on the five signs of a Church Alive!
1. It is an energetic church.
2. It is an elect church (elected to serve).
3. It is an exemplary church.
4. It is an evangelistic church.
5. It is an expectant church.
Getting to church was an ordeal with lots of traffic due to wedding and funeral tents blocking the roads.
The pastor wanted to sing, “I have decided to follow Jesus” at the conclusion of the service and thought it would be good for me to hold up the cross! Afterwards, we fellowshipped at Seed of Hope cafe. I have only been here a little over 24 hours and am trying to get my body clock adjusted.